Powerful space for theater in Brussels
NU made a competition proposal together with Crit. architects to develop a powerful space for the Kaaitheater at the pivotal urban point between the small ring road and the Brussels canal, nestled adjacent to the grand scale of Kanal.
It is a condensed model that is both an expression of its urban character and dynamism. As an internal landscape, Kaaitheater absorbs the public space in its own unique way. From this spatial organisation, an intense interior effect is able to be accommodated.
- client Vlaamse Gemeenschap
- location Brussels
- date 2019
- status competition proposal
- icw architecture: CRIT.architects, architectural reflection: Bavo and Gideon Boie
- engineering office interior interventions: Chevalier Masson, stability: studiebureau MOUTON, techniques: Ingenium, theater techniques: TTAS, acoustics: Kahle acoustics, special studies: Daidalos
- team NU Nathan Heindrichs, Giulia Ciuffoletti, Lucas Renson, Sophia Holst, Anthony Leenders, Heloîse Bal